Monday 21 March 2011

Preview: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Set to wow us on big screens in July 2011, the final installment of the Harry Potter series looks set to be an epic. Whilst I would express my annoyance at it being split into two films for profiteering reasons, it does help to add detail to the final book which certainly deserves to be shown in film form in its entirety.

I have heard endless positive feedback for Part 1 of the seventh Potter film but personally it didn't strike me as the best thing I'd ever seen. Neither did the sixth film which I though was a total waste of time and only made to set up these final two films. However, Part 2 possesses something that neither of the previous films did, it has the ending of the mind blowing series ready for us. I will be stunned if this is not the biggest grossing film of the year and I'm sure it will be in the running for some success at the Oscars.

Both the cast and the crew have been through an epic journey beginning with the creation of 'The Philosopher's Stone' way back in 2001 and indeed have found little time to do too much else. The stars have become ingrained in our minds as the characters they perform as which is why the films have had such huge success. That combined with obviously the mass sales of the books by J.K.Rowling. But have these stars become so related to their characters that they will struggle to come up with anything to match these films after the release of Part 2? It must feel a bit restrictive to stars Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint who are recognised around the would for these parts. Do you think they will continue their success after this film is released.

I will certainly be watching this one, and not because I had to watch it because I was following the series like the last two, but because it promises an epic end to an already epic journey.

2 comments:

Jaccstev said...

Great article, which I agree 100% with and after Part 1 of Deathly Hallows I am expecting big things from this movie.

Jack Ibbetson said...

Glad you agree :) totally feel the same, this film literally has to be amazing or fans will not be happy

Post a Comment

Search This Blog