Wednesday 9 March 2011

Preview: The Eagle (2011)

So I think I might see this film called 'The Eagle'. Released on the 25th March, 'The Eagle' brings us the story of Channing Tatum attempting to return a lost standard from the cold realms of Scotland. Now, although I was enticed by the trailer, I don't think the star of 'Step Up' will do much good as a Roman.Come on, are you serious? Yes he may provide a character for the girls to oggle, but for the male section of the audience what will he do? I am yet to see the film 'Fighting' so I'm not sure how Tatum will fare in an action movie such as this, but my prediction is that he will be swallowed up by similar performances which are far more memorable.
So as you can see, what we need is a manly character to hold this whole thing together, a character to make the whole 'Roman action film' believable. What do we get? Billy Elliot. That's right, you didn't misread that. We have been provided with Jamie Bell as a co-star. I can't tell you how much I would love to be surprised by Bell's performance but, as I have said about the casting of Tatum, I just can't see myself being blown away by it. Come on! What you need is a slightly older male actor who is not a stranger to this sort of film. I'm thinking possibly Liam Cunnigham or even Alexander Siddig. Alas, we are doomed to almost two hours of what will most likely be a dull experience. Won't be shelling out to watch this in the cinema. Bring on 'Battle: Los Angeles'!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog