Sunday 22 May 2011

Johnny Depp To Stick To Acting Rather Than Directing

Johnny Depp
In a recent interview published on MSN Movies Johnny Depp, star of the Pirates Of The Carribean films and Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, revealed that he doubts he will ever direct a film. He spoke openly about how he prefers to be in front of the camera and said that if he was to direct a film it probably wouldn't make too much sense.


He said: "I don't like it when things make sense. I prefer it if they don't. If I made a film it wouldn't make any sense and nobody would see it."
Depp went on: "Maybe I'll just make little films at home with my phone, never to be released."

Talk has already started about a possible fifth installment in the Pirates series and Depp should find himself busy for many years to come.

He said: "I think they could wheel me in as Captain Jack while my dreadlocks get tangled in the wheels of the chair.
"With a character like Captain Jack you feel like you can just continue because if there's any potential for madness and absurdity, the possibilities are endless."

 I must say it's a little disappointing that Depp has no plans for directing. Even if it didn't make sense I'd love to go and see it.

What do you think of the news? Would you go and see something Depp directed?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog