Friday 10 June 2011

My Cinematic Alphabet: In Depth - D

Welcome to the fourth installment of the series where I take a deeper look at the films the top films that didn't make it onto my final Cinematic Alphabet but that are well worthy of praise. For those of you following the series apologies for the delay but from now on it will return to being a weekly post. So settle down as So I Saw This Film takes a look at My Cinematic Alphabet: In Depth. This week it's D:

Dances With Wolves
Dances With Wolves is one of those films that astounded me all the way through. And that statement is coming from someone who before wasn't a particular fan of Kevin Costner. It is an absolute must watch for any film fan; a beautifully cinematic landscape throughout combined with an emotional storyline and many heart warming moments. The ending is kind of lame but it is still one of my favourite films and a must see.

District 9
District 9 provides a brilliant mix of a hilarious script, outstanding CGI effects combined with great live-action scenes and a great storyline. For some reason I found it one of the funniest films I've seen when I first saw it despite the fact that it's basically an alien based thriller. I can't wait for the sequel to arrive but wonder how they can possibly improve on the first one.

The Darjeeling Limited
A fantastically indie travel film starring Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman as three brothers travelling across India by train in a spiritual quest of sorts. The storyline really speaks to anyone like me who dream of travelling on the Indian railways and I think therein lies the reason for my enjoyment. Easily my favourite Wilson film and my second favourite Brody film after The Pianist.

Disturbia
I very much doubt this will have made it onto many lists of this type but again the storyline of the film spoke to me. I think the combination of a home alone teenager and the spying element would speak to any Male's teenage side. I'm personally a fan of Shia LaBeouf but to enjoy this film you really have to be.

You May Also Like:
My Cinematic Alphabet: In Depth - C
'Disturbia' Review

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog