Friday 17 June 2011

My Cinematic Alphabet: In Depth - E

Week five has arrived and it's time to look at those wonderful films that begin with the letter E. How is everyone liking this feature so far? Let me know if you do. Anyway, let us crack on and take a gander at some great films (by the way there aren't too many films I've seen that begin with E so this may not be the greatest list of all time).

The English Patient
As romantic as you like, The English Patient is one of those films you think you won't enjoy but you end up loving. This is a great highlight in Ralph Fiennes' career and is a beautiful story of love and devotion. Juliette Binoche is as stunning as ever in the WWII set film. A must watch for absolutely anyone.

E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial
Every time I see this film it brings up memories of childhood. With stunning special effects for its time and an alien character that is more loveable than most, it isn't hard to see why it has been labelled as one of the greatest family films of all time or why it won four Oscars. I watch it every time it comes on and it remains a timeless classic.

Eagle Eye
Now it may not be the greatest film ever made but for sheer cool rating Eagle Eye has to make it into my top list of E's. Ok, so the story is pretty far fetched, but if you switch off and go with it it might surprise you. Cool is the only word that comes to mind when I think of this film.

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
I actually switched this film off the first time I saw as I just wasn't getting into the story. However, after many people suggesting that I give the film another chance I did and I'm certainly pleased I did. The performances by both Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are stunning and the story may be nonsensical at times but it retains intrigue in the audience throughout.

You May Also Like:
My Cinematic Alphabet: In Depth - D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog