Sunday 27 February 2011

Step Brothers (2008)

Riotously funny - 4/5
So I saw this film last year called 'Step Brothers'. As you will know this film is hilarious. Will Ferrell is funny on his own but he seems to have this chemistry with John C. Reilly that makes something magical. Whoever came up with the idea for this film was a genius. Two forty something guys who still live with their parents paired up after a marriage and thrown into a life together. This film was always going to make people laugh.
What made this film so funny was that it brought us as an audience back to the days of our childhood. Scenes such as the one where Ferrell and Reilly decide to make bunk beds and remark that after doing so they will have 'so much more room for activities' brought me back to the days of running around the house with a friend with blind excitement at everything thought up to do.
I must admit the end it slightly stupid. Other than that however I can't fault this film. Kathryn Hahn plays Alison, the wife of Will Ferrell's brother superbly; she manages to be laugh out loud funny with every line she says. Adam Scott provides us with someone to hate as Brennan's brother Derek and it gives us great satisfaction when things don't go his way. Most of all this film is full of one liners: 'I'm gonna stab you in the neck with a knife', 'I'm gonna put my nut sack on your drum set' and of course the classic 'I'm gonna fill a pillow case with bars of soap and beat the shit out of you'. So if its a rainy day and you're in need of some cheering up, put this film on. Its one of those that you can play over and over again and notice new things every time.
Would I recommend it? Why have you not seen it already?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog