Sunday 27 February 2011

Clash of the Titans (2010)

Lifeless - 3/5
So I saw this film today called 'Clash of the Titans'. I'd seen the trailer on TV and though that it looked ok but I felt it was not worth seeing in the cinema. Well at least that is some money saved because I would have been very disappointed had I gone. The main thing the trailer seemed to put out was the special effects in the film. Well where were they? I seem to remember a giant scorpion bursting through some sand in the trailer? Maybe I missed it but I don't recall that shot even being used. The scenes in Olympus, well they were terribly done. Why was everything so brightly lit and distorted. Furthermore, what was director Louis Leterrier doing trying to make parts of the film funny? Why even add those two weird hunter guys? And why send a force of ten men to go and defeat Hades?There was a distinct lack of any soldiers in that city, did anyone else notice this?
The ending was shocking! All the way through I was thinking, well at least there will be a battle of epic proportions between Hades and Perseus. When did that happen?!? He managed to banish him with a fair amount of ease I thought. You know what really grinds my gears about this film? The inclusion of Nicholas Hoult. Why on earth was he cast. He is about as far away as you can get from a warrior and his acting left much to be desired.
As did the acting of the rest of the cast. Was there any stand out performances? No. You might expect something from Fiennes or Neeson, but they were equally as bad as the main man Sam Worthington. I'm trying to think of something good to say about this film. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....... the giant scorpions were slightly cool. That is literally all that comes to mind.
Would I recommend it? No, I'm very glad I didn't pay to see this film. And delete off the planner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog