Thursday 1 September 2011

Steven Soderbergh Quits Film To Pursue A New Art

Steven Soderbergh
Director Steven Soderbergh, best known for the three 'Ocean's' films as well as The Informant!, has decided to give up on his directorial career to pursue a new career as an artist. He plans to become an established painter and revealed his plans in an interview with The New York Times.

The move to a new art form will not come as too much of a surprise after Matt Damon revealed Soderbergh would be leaving show business back in 2010. Soderbergh himself let slip the news back in March when he revealed he had only two films left to shoot. Despite the early signs that revealed his decision, it will surely still come as a shock to film fans, particularly those of Soderbergh's work.

In the interview he revealed that his decision could be reversed if his new art career doesn't go to plan: "I'm interested in exploring another art form while I have the time and ability to do so.
I'll be the first person to say if I can't be any good at it and run out of money I'll be back making another Ocean's movie,". I'm sure Ocean's fans wouldn't mind another film although it seemed that Ocean's Thirteen was a good way to finish the series. 

What are your opinions on the change in career? Would you have liked to have seen more from the director? Let us know below...

You May Also Like:
'The Informant!' Review

1 comments:

Dusty said...

Wow! Frankly, I think this is a loss of real film talent. I've always been a Soderbergh supporter. I really hoped he would get back to writing as well (Sex, Lies, and Videotape is a great movie). Here's hoping this isn't like Jordan deciding to play baseball.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog